- Screen cast video of the talk I gave in Indian Institute of Science titled “Science, Religion and Philosophy” on 14th Jan 2015 is here on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPNojH9kGtg . If you want to download the audio and PPT separately, you can take it from the Audio section below. Here is an updated version of the PPTX file on the same topic.
- Screen cast video of an Introduction to Hinduism is here on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFKLVhEP18g .
- Here is the video of an updated talk in Indian Institute of Science titled “Science, Religion and Philosophy” in Jan 2018. Though the title is the same, the contents are very different. The audience were science and technology research students. So the emphasis is to shake up some scientism and also digging into the roots of the concept of religion. It was a two day workshop. They are on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er7DSWf9uIY and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PS6gknsvBo . Here is an updated version of the PPTX file on the same topic.
Here are the audio recordings of some classes and talks.
- Science, Religion and Philosophy – Man’s various approaches to Reality, in the light of Vedanta (150 mins) PPTX file used in the talk (Same as the video in the section above). Here is an updated version of the PPTX file on the same topic.[audio:Science Religion and Philosophy.mp3]
- What is Advaita Vedanta?[audio:What is Advaita.mp3]
I have been fortunate to learn at the feet of a lot of great teachers. I have also been fortunate to be a part of discussions with a lot of brilliant and sincere spiritual aspirants. Thanks to these, I have been able to put together some ideas into some sort of a structure. Here are some of them which are in printable format.
- Death – What to do about it?
- What is Hinduism? (Also published as Tenets of Hinduism)
- Swami Vivekananda’s Call to Indian Youth (Selections from Swami Vivekananda’s lectures given in India)
- Gitaa Saaram – Essence of Gita – 70 selected verses from Gita with word-by-word meaning for daily chanting or to conduct Gita classes
- Essence of Hinduism – A four A5 size page pamphlet, which can be printed back-to-back on a A4 size sheet and folded, which covers 10 basic points that 99% of Hindu teachers of various sects would agree upon, and which every Hindu should know and understand clearly.
- Amazon Kindle Editions of some of the above books can be bought at my page on Amazon.
- Message of the Gita – booklet – (Print this PDF file on A4 size paper with 2-sided printing, long edge binding. Then cut the 2 papers horizontally exactly in the middle. Sort the papers as per the page number. You will get a small booklet which can go into your pocket.)
- Geethaiyin Seidhi – booklet – This is a Tamil booklet on the Message of the Gita. (Print this PDF file on A4 size paper with 2-sided printing, long edge binding. Then cut the 2 papers horizontally exactly in the middle. Sort the papers as per the page number. You will get a small booklet which can go into your pocket.)
- Printed versions of some of the booklets are available for free distribution. Minimum that you can order is 100 copies. These are almost the cost price of the books. Any surplus will go to charity. If you want them, please send me an email.
- “Message of the Gita” – English book (A7 size, 24 pages) costs Rs.200 for 100 copies.
- “Geethaiyin Seidhi” – Tamil book (A6 size, 20 pages) costs Rs.400 for 100 copies.
- “Swami Vivekananda’s Call to the Youth of India” – English book (A6 size, 40 pages) costs Rs.500 for 100 copies.
- Essence of Hinduism – English pamphlet (A5 size, 4 pages) cost Rs.100 for 100 copies.
- Gita Saram – 70 Selected Verses from the Gita with word by word meaning in English (A5 size, 28 pages, self cover) cost Rs.700 for 100 copies.
Here are some excellent books, that I would recommend.
- Introduction to Vedanta – A series of 16 lectures by Swami Paramarthananda
- Summary of the Gita – Chapter wise summary of Gita by Swami Paramarthananda
- Jeeva Yatra – Path to Joyful Living – A wonderful refreshing small book by Swami Omkarananda
- Tattvabodha – A book of definitions of terms used in Vedantic discussions – Original Sanskrit with simple translation into Hindi and English by Vedanta Mission
- Tattvabodha – A series of talks on the book by Swami Paramarthananda
- What Every Hindu Ought To Know – A timeless classic booklet by “A Hindu Monk”
- Vedanta – The solution to our fundamental problems – An wonderful book by Sri. D. Venugopal, a disciple of Swami Paramarthananda. This book is suitable to both a lay reader, a budding scholar and a spiritual aspirant. This published by Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan. If you are impressed with the PDF, please buy the hard copy book to support the publisher.
- What does it all mean? – A beautiful short book by Thomas Nagel, which introduces the questions of philosophy. A must read for everyone interested in Science, Religion or Philosophy.
I have presented on non-technical topics for different forums. Here are some of the presentations
- Series of four talks:
- Science, Religion and Philosophy
- Human Relationship
- Effective Work and Communication
- Swami Vivekananda’s Message
- Message Of Swami Vivekananda (more recent one)
- Essence Of The Gita
- Sanskrit fonts for the presentations (if devanagari is used)
Here is a presentation that I got through email. It is worth sharing.
There is a misconception that the Indian National Anthem is in praise of the then king of England. Watch this presentation to know the real deity of the great song.