For a few weeks, I had gone into a state of forgetfulness of the Truth and got into a state of delusion and depression. Thanks to good counseling by the HR manager in our office I got back to normal.
To make sure that I don’t get into such a state again, I prepared a checklist. At any moment, even if one of these questions has an answer “Yes”, then I am in trouble again.
1. If God appears before me this moment, do I have anything to ask from Him?
2. If I were to die in the next 15 minutes, is there anything that I wish to do?
3. Is there any incident in my life or in the world that I wish it never happened?
4. Is there anyone in the world who is happier than me?
Here is a sort of daily checklist that I can run through at the end of the day.
5. Did I ever wish I be like someone else today?
6. Did I want to possess something or wish I don’t lose something?
7. Did I wish someone did something differently?
8. Did I feel bored, frustrated, anxious or afraid?
9. Was I violent in thought, word or deed?
10. Did any of my action or inaction deny anyone of their legitimate right to fulfil a desire?
11. Did I seek or pursue any object for the gratification of senses?
12. Did I do anything for myself (other than regular day-to-day duties like brushing the teeth, taking bath, going to work, etc.)?
13. Did I judge a person instead of a person’s action?
14. Did I wish someone think something about me?
15. Did I feel anyone is a competitor to me or make someone feel I am a competitor to him?
I hope this checklist keeps me in place.